Since 1968, HACR's investment in the Richmond Community continues to grow:
- Developed four (4) sites of affordable housing units. Merle Henderson Apartments - 104 units of elderly/disabled housing, Bobby Smith Apartments - 100 scattered-site family units, Jerry Geier Apartments-50 multi-family units, and Southview Heights Apartments - 50 multi-family units.
- Manages the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program and assists 273 low to moderate-income families who rent privately owned properties throughout the community.
- Developed and sold 73 "Turn-key" housing units (single-family homes) at various sites throughout the city.
- Developed the Homeownership Opportunity Program (HOOP), which built four (4) single-family units on North 13th Street. All four homes - as of 2022 - are owned by previous HACR Residents.
- Acquired 13 housing units from the City of Richmond's Neighborhood Stabilization (NSP) Program.
- As of 2021, our total annual operating budget of approximately $3.2 million is reinvested into the Richmond Community, e.g. insurance, various local vendors, property owners, etc.
- Razed the old Nicholson School site (in North Richmond). Plans are to be determined for future development at this site.